- Online reviews and rankings of doctors and hospitals.
- Information and breaking news about medical ailments and treatments.
- Software and tools that let people manage their medical records online.
- Health "concierges" or "coaches" who help patients navigate the medical system.
- Walk-in medical clinics where, say, in 15 minutes and for $39, you can discover whether your child has an ear infection.
An upcoming IT revolution in healthcare?
Steve Case, the founder of AOL, is thinking of a comeback. This time is Revolution, a private holding company in which he's put $500M of his own money and the hope to do something that would amount to a revolution in the healthcare industry by buying and building companies that help people take care of themselves. In case one thinks highly of AOL's founder and former chairman acumen, and of the healthcare industry's potential, here's Mr. Case's checklist:
Posted by fCh